Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bake 52: Week 48

Large Danish Braid
What a fun recipe to try!  I was sold when I saw that this had glaze AND icing.  You seriously can't go wrong with that!  Danish dough is a reeeeaaaallllllly long process, but you end up with flaky, sweet, pastry crust.  There were a few options for filling, I chose to do cream cheese and raspberry - again, a great combination - can't go wrong!  This turned out really good. I am not sure if I would commit as much time as it took again, but I think you could make something very similar with an easier dough.  It just wouldn't be as flaky.  I highly recommend trying this out - check out Jen O's blog for the recipe!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! Glad you liked it. I wondered the same thing with the dough. I wonder if you could use some pre-made puff pastry or something.

    ReplyDelete