Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Penne With Chicken, Asparagus, and Lemon

Our Table Talk pick this week was a pasta dish.  
 This is definitely something I wouldn't have tried on my own - I am almost ashamed to admit I have never actually cooked asparagus before.    
I found some gluten-free penne pasta at Costco that I hadn't tried  - it was made with brown rice, quinoa, amaranth and corn. It was really good and made for a great gluten-free dinner!
I made regular pasta for my kids. I had nieces and nephews staying with me, and didn't figure they would touch it, but was surprised that they really liked it! My 8 year old nephew ate 3 huge plates of it!  Impressive!
I used extra chicken, dried spices, and left out the leek and wine (subbing for chicken broth).  With just those few changes, though, the flavor was great!
If you want the recipe, head over to Valerie's blog!

1 comment: