Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chickpea Cakes with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce

I have to say I really wasn't sure about this week's recipe.  But I made these today for lunch so I had the advantage of checking out  Amanda's post before I made them.  I loved her idea of serving it sandwich-style.  And wow, her rolls look uh-mazing! Her photos seriously made me want to go eat at her house!
So I went to work.  And the results?  They were OK. Definitely better than I expected, but no wow factor for me.
   I did follow suit and make a healthier "sandwich", lettuce-wrap style.  I added avacado and purple onions, which added great flavors, of course.  If you're looking for a great vegetarian option - this might be it! Check out Amanda's blog for the recipe (and mouth-watering pictures)!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Purple onions! Those would have made a great addition! I wish I'd thought of that. I love the idea of your healthier sandwich! I need to be more like you. They look great, thanks for cooking with me this week even though it wasn't your favorite!

    ReplyDelete