Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bake 52: Week 38

Make Ahead French Toast Casserole
I'm not a big fan of breakfast - but I love breakfast for dinner.  So yesterday morning I put this together while getting the kids ready for school and it was super easy to have ready and just throw into the oven.  I love recipes like this on Tuesdays...between scouts, football practice, homework, and about a gazillion other things that hit on that night, it is wonderful to not worry about dinner as well!
It smelled delicious cooking! I loved the topping (though I didn't add the nuts because my kids won't eat them).  Overall I actually really liked the flavor, but it was a little too soggy and eggy for me.  What I really loved about this recipe, though, is that surprisingly my kids really did love it! They all ate multiple servings last night, and this morning my son even asked if I could pack it in his lunch today!  Wow!
Was really good with fresh peach syrup!
Check out Valerie's blog for this week's recipe!

4 comments:

  1. So glad your kids liked it! I agree too soggy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaches make everything better! I should have brought mine over to you guys, most of it went in the trash:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peach topping looks really good on the french toast. I am happy to finally see that someone liked the recipe. I thought the taste was good, but it was too soggy. I loved the nut mixture on top though!

    ReplyDelete