Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bake 52: Week 39

Spiced Pumpkin Bread
 I simply cannot express in words how much I LOVE fall!  I love it! The cooler weather, the leaves, the approaching holidays, football season...it is the best!
I made this bread Monday, which turned out to be the perfect fall day!  It began by waking up to "sweater-weather" for the first time this year. Oh how I love wearing sweaters!  Then I enjoyed my house smelling like amazing pumpkin bread baking all afternoon.  After having soup for dinner, we took our kids to a gorgeous park to play.  We ended the night by stopping at Starbucks for a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. I. LOVE. FALL.
I love pumpkin bread too and because the pumpkin is so moist, it usually makes for incredible gluten-free bread!  So I had to try it with this recipe.  I decided to make gluten-free pumpkin muffins.  Of course half had to have chocolate chips, because pumpkin+chocolate is like peanut butter+jelly!
Shockingly (seriously, I was shocked!) I found myself enjoying the plain ones even more.  Don't get me wrong, the ones with chocolate were fantastic, BUT there was something simple and delicious about the plain ones.  The results were incredible!  Best gluten-free muffins ever!  I will definitely be making these A LOT!  
I'm sure this bread is great with the nuts and cranberries too, but this was more my family's style.
(I subbed Pamela's Baking Mix for the flour and omitted the baking soda and baking powder.  It was that easy!)
Great Fall pick, Talesha! Check out her blog for the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. My MIL is gluten intolerant, so I am glad you altered the recipe and that it turned out well. I will pass it on to her. I made my bread plain and really enjoyed it. Next time, I will try muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! So glad this worked as GF! They look super delicious!

    ReplyDelete