Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bake 52: Week 43

This week our host, Emily, chose to bake Apple Dumplings.
Don't they sound good? I bet they were.
I, on the other hand, thought we were baking Apple Turnovers....
Not only did I pick the wrong recipe, but I turned it into intestines for Halloween. 
And I got Talesha to bake with me.  

So here's how it went down.  Talesha and I hosted a book club this week.  We made all sorts of fun, creepy food.  I had seen this idea for the intestines and thought - hey - if we are making turnovers, we could make this recipe together, but shape it different.  If only we were making turnovers....

Anyway, we did it.  We used puff pastry dough, had yummy apple filling, rolled it up and painted it with blood (ahem, red food coloring).  It was delicious.
If only it was April Fool's instead of Halloween, this would probably be a little funny.
 You should try making apple turnovers.  And apple dumplings!
Sorry for the mess up, ladies!  Can't wait to see how all of yours turned out!
Check out Emily's blog for this week's recipe!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! We are so cool! I'm not sad about the mess up, those were some delicious intestines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet everyone loved the intestines. :) And glad you guys had fun baking together!

    ReplyDelete