Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bake 52: Week 15

Take 3 layers of rich chocolate cake, fill & cover them with rich chocolate pudding (and another layer of cake crumbs) and what do you get?
Chocolate Blackout Cake!

I had never seen or tasted this cake, but my-oh-my was it delicious!
It was actually quite easy to make and a forgiving cake too - I don't know about everyone else, but I had a hard time getting the cakes cut in half and staying together.  Luckily I could piece them together and cover them with pudding!  This cake is extremely rich, but delicious!  My kids loved it too, but could only eat a small amount.  I ate way more than I planned, but couldn't resist all of the CHOCOLATE!
I would definitely try this cake again.  I would also just make the pudding by itself, I had never made pudding from scratch and it turned out to be really easy. Check out Courtney's Blog for the recipe!

4 comments:

  1. I was surprised by how easy the pudding was too! It seems like it should be harder since they sell mixes! Your cake looks perfect! No sign of trouble with the layers at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too wondered how I didn't know that homemade pudding was so easy and good! So glad to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I would of never guessed that your cake was breaking. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake looks great. I'm with everyone else... the pudding was quite easy, and your layers look great. Would never had guessed there was any trouble!

    ReplyDelete