Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bake 52: Week 17

This week Talesha's pick was Baklava!
 I was super excited for this week.  Any mention of Baklava brings back fond memories of the Greek Festival we had in Price every year growing up. I never imagined that was something I could make - that was just something you buy!   It was so fun to see how it is actually put together. 
After LOTS of layers of phyllo dough and LOTS and LOTS of butter, some nuts, cinnamon, cloves and a honey syrup, here is the Baklava.  It was absolutely delicious!
Check out the recipe on Talesha's Blog!

4 comments:

  1. It looks perfect! Glad you guys liked it and I have fond memories of the Greek Festival too. Baklava might have been one of my favorite things about it. And those cheese triangle things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those cheese triangles! YUM!! We need to figure out how to make those!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Wish I could reach through the computer and try yours... looks so much better than mine. Yeah for Baklava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! We also had a discussion of the Greek Festival here at our house-- I will need to hop down and go one of these years!! :)

    ReplyDelete