Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bake 52: Week 18

Classic Pancakes with Berry Maple Syrup
These pancakes were delicious.  Not one of those recipes that makes me commit to only using this recipe from now on, but they were definitely light and fluffy and delicious - enjoyed by everyone.  I did like the tips of making the perfectly cooked pancake. I also liked the syrup - again, nothing to write home about, but still very good.  I didn't get many pictures, because making them went something like this:  First off - I'm not a huge breakfast fan, I only cook breakfast for dinner. So it was dinner time, the kids were starving, I was trying to get them to do their homework and they wouldn't sit down, my baby was sitting on the floor holding my legs crying to be held, I had two pans of pancakes going (this one and another one with gluten-free pancakes) and bacon in another.  Oh, did I mention I was also cooking the syrup?  Yes, using all 4 burners at once (my pancake griddle broke).  I felt super lucky to even get a pictures of these before they were devoured!  Check out the recipe on Jesse's Blog!

3 comments:

  1. I think we felt the same way about the pancakes. They were good though. The description of you cooking gave me some anxiety. I remember the days of making 2 meals, gluten free and normal. You are the best wife ever! I love your photo with the strawberries on top, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Once again, yours look prettier! Good job and can you teach me how to pour the syrup?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After all your cooking stress you managed to take a beautiful photo. Your a great multi tasker. How did your syrup turn out?

    ReplyDelete