Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bake 52: Week 19

This week we baked
New York-Style Crumb Cake
This recipe looked good when I checked it out.  In my mind I thought "OK, we are going to make a coffee cake".  Then for some reason I decided to try and figure out why this is New York-Style and not just Crumb Cake.  Well, I honestly don't know, other than they say the first recipe came from Germany to an ancestor in New York and that's where it started...as you can tell I didn't research too hard.  HOWEVER, I did find out that you NEVER confuse a coffee cake and a crumb cake! Why?  The crumbs, I guess.  Apparently it is offensive.  Glad I know now!
Anyway...this cake was delicious!  Not too sweet or rich, but moist, sweet enough and seriously addicting!! I couldn't stop eating it. I really like cakes with this cinnamon flavor, but have never made a crumb (or coffee) cake.  So glad we tried this, I will definitely make again. Would be fun to take to a breakfast or brunch! 
Check out the recipe on Jenn's Blog!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! We really liked it too. Can't go wrong with cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo is so pretty! And so is the cake.

    ReplyDelete