Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bake 52: Week 20

This week's pick was
French Macaroons
I have never made (or eaten) a Macaroon cookie that wasn't made out of coconut - I guess this is how they roll in France.  Bonus of this pick is that it is a gluten-free cookie that uses almond flour.  My husband was super excited about this!  And he LOVED these! He is already asking when I will make them again.  They are a meringue-type sandwich cookie (though not as airy) with a butter-cream frosting in the middle. I liked the nutty flavor that the almond flour gave them. I thought these cookies were really good - of course can't compare to a good old chocolate chip cookie, but for something new and different, I did enjoy them.  My kids also really liked them, so it was a great pick for my family! 
 It looks like we will be baking these again!  
Check out Betsy's Blog for the recipe!

4 comments:

  1. Glad they turned out well for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your family liked them, I should have brought mine over to you guys! What did you think of the butter, I mean frosting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you guys when I was making them with almond flour! I bet your husband gets so excited when it's gluten free! They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look great! Glad you all liked them.

    ReplyDelete