Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bake 52: Week 21

This week we baked
Multigrain Bread
 Bread. Why bake bread when I know it won't turn out great? AND multigrain bread? I like to say that I like healthy bread. I figure if I say it enough I will start to like it. But it just tastes too...healthy. Not really my thing.  You could probably guess I wasn't super excited to try this bread, right?
This is why Bake 52 is genius! I would NEVER have chosen to make this bread - but I LOVED it! It didn't have that overly wheaty taste.  It was light and soft and everything that you want homemade bread to be.  Plus healthy! SO YUMMY!
The dough rose really well and I was thrilled when I took the bread out of the oven, it was BEAUTIFUL!
I tried this plain, with butter and jam, and as sandwich bread - it was perfect all three ways! I will definitely be making this again.  Thanks to Jennifer for hosting and making me try something different.
Hey, different IS good.
Check out her blog for the recipe!

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was great too-glad it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked it and your right, your bread does look beautiful!!! I will be making it again to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a really great recipe, we loved it! Glad you guys liked it too. I probably wouldn't have made it either if it hadn't been the pick and I would have been missing out! Your bread looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete