Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bake 52: Week 23

This week's baking selection was
Coconut Macaroons

Upside of this week was that these are gluten-free cookies. That is always a bonus so that I have someone else that eats what I make so I don't eat the whole batch.  It's just not right to be wasteful!  Although I really like coconut, macaroons are just not among my favorite cookies.  My husband really enjoyed these. I thought they were a pretty typical macaroon.  But they were fast and easy, so I could see myself making these again sometime.
Pulse the coconut in food processor until fine:
Then mix together egg whites, sugar, salt and almond extract:
Stir both of those together and form into balls, bake on cookie sheet with sprayed parchment paper:
 There was a variation for Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons.  Add a little chocolate?
Yes, please!
I tried dipping and also drizzling...either way I think the added chocolate was a
definite plus!
Check out Emily's Blog for the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. ok, drizzling the chocolate over the balls was just genius!! I am so doing that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you, the chocolate was a necessity! And YAY about the gluten free situation.

    ReplyDelete