Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bake 52: Week 26

Black and White Cookies.

I have been dying to bake these! Not only were these cookies also featured on one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes (see Babka post - yes, same episode!), but they are so cool looking!  I had no idea what to expect flavor wise - based on reading the recipe I was expecting a very lemony crunchy cookie.  And that still sounded good to me.  So what a treat it was when I tasted the most delectable SOFT, thick, just-the-perfect-amount-of-sweetness cookie with a hint of lemon AND vanilla and chocolate glaze.  YUM!  

I am so excited about this recipe and I am sure I will be making it quite a bit - these are so good, they are easy, and would be so fun to give as a gift or take to a party.  
I loved that the glaze was so thick that you could actually spread it and have it stay where you wanted it, and it also firmed up very quickly.  
 Oh and did I mention these are BIG cookies?  
LOVED this recipe, love these cookies!! Please try them!! Visit Janet's blog for the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Those turned out beautifully!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good. I think they're such a pretty cookie too.

    ReplyDelete