Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bake 52: Week 7

This week the pick was pizza crust and sauce!
After making this pizza dough, all of my other recipes are pretty much garbage. This is a thin, crispy (but chewy) pizza.  SO GOOD!  You cook it at 500 degrees on a hot pizza stone - I didn't realize what a difference this would make!
I tried the whole wheat version, which was half bread flour and half whole wheat flour.  The texture and taste was great - my kids didn't even notice a difference.  And did they like it?  Oh they only requested that I make it again 2 days later!  So this time I used full white bread flour and decided to follow the recipe listed with the dough to make a Stromboli (which I had never made before)
It starts out just like making a pizza

And then you roll it up

And tuck in the ends, bake, and slice!


We also tried making their easy sauce - the name was right on.  Super easy to make and  really good!


 We will definitely be using these recipes a lot in our house!  I will probably just stick with the regular pizza rather than the Stromboli, just because it's a little less work and a little more traditional, but this is for sure a new favorite recipe.  Now I am going to experiment with it to try making it gluten-free!
Go HERE for the full recipe!

4 comments:

  1. Okay so your post is making me want to try this again. Maybe it was user error or just preference, I don't know! It looks so good and so does the stromboli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it as well!! I loved it and it was a hit over here. I don't know what Amanda is talking about!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also so glad it worked for someone besides me :)
    I agree, the stone is essential for this crust!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pizza looks great. I didn't even notice the whole wheat version... I'll have to give it a try. We really loved this one too!

    ReplyDelete