Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bake 52: Week 8

For Week 8 we baked Peanut Butter Cookies
This was a good recipe.  Peanut Butter Cookies are not really my thing - but as far as they go - these were good. They were chewy, liked the texture and flavor.  It called for chunky peanut butter as well as chopped peanuts which really brought out the flavor.  On the other hand, however, my kids devoured these!  So a good treat for them...despite the 2 full sticks of butter the recipe called for (ouch!) they at least got protein as well!  Oh and these cookies were BIG! They don't look like it here, but they were...3T of dough per cookie - it's a lot!
The book gave yet another fabulously useful tip - by dipping a fork in cold water before cross hatching it, it made it really easy and the fork didn't stick to the dough at all. Seriously, have I mentioned that I love their tips?
Check out Jennifer's Blog for the complete recipe!


4 comments:

  1. Your cookies look perfect! I am not sure why mine didn't keep the pattern on top! I bet your kids loved how big they were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you stacked them for the picture, they look so delish that way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't understand how you perfected the cross hatching! Your pics look amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look completely perfect. Like I'm wondering if you went out and bought them at a bakery, and then called them you own. :) Not really. They look fantastic though. Mine don't look so perfect, but I guess that's what I get for not measuring out 3T exactly, or rolling them into balls like the recipe stated. I totally missed that tip on dipping the fork in cold water too. OH well. Next time.

    ReplyDelete