Friday, February 24, 2012

Teriyaki Sauce

I found this recipe for Teriyaki Sauce on Our Best Bites
It is the perfect Teryaki Sauce...good flavor and not too sweet!  Super easy to make too!
My husband loves teriyaki sauce, but I really don't like it from a bottle. It is too strong for me.I made this sauce before knowing what I was even going to do with it... I just wanted to try it.   And I loved it! I decided to stir-fry some chicken in a little olive oil, added some garlic, pineapple, broccoli, and green bell pepper.  Once that was all ready I poured the sauce over and heated through.  We ate it over rice, it was a really yummy meal!  They also suggest using it as a marinade for steak and chicken before grilling.


 Teriyaki Sauce (Our Best Bites)

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbs. cornstarch
1 Tbs. cold water

1. Combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper in a small saucepan.  Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. While the soy sauce mixture is heating, whisk together cornstarch and cold water.  When the soy sauce mixture comes to a full boil, whisk in cornstarch mixture and stir sauce until thickened and clear.  Remove from heat and allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment