Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bake 52: Week 5

Wow! Are we really 5 weeks into the year already? Time is flying! 
Maybe it's because I'm having so much fun baking!
This week's recipe...7 Layer Bars
OK, these turned out so yummy! I seriously could not stop eating them.  I just kept cutting the bars into smaller pieces, thinking that somehow I would just take one more bite...which just kept leading to one more.  They were really sweet and rich, but the flavors all mixed together were to die for!
I accidentally bought the milk chocolate with almonds bar instead of plain milk chocolate and I loved the almonds in it - I would definitely use that again! 
Next time I make these the only thing I think I will do differently is to add the chocolate toffee bits as their own layer.  This recipe has you crush them up with graham cracker crumbs to make the crust, but I think I would prefer to have them as a layer and actually have that toffee taste and crunch.  That being said, I really had no complaints as they were!  It's making me hungry just writing this post!!

This is the foil sling and the chocolate starting to melt over the crust
 One tip I loved is that they have you make a foil sling in your pan by placing sheets of aluminum foil each direction of the pan.  You still lightly grease this, but after the bars were cooled it was so easy to pull the foil out and have perfect edges.  I will definitely do this next time I bake brownies, fudge, or cookie bars! Also made clean up of the pan so super easy! I love these great tips this book gives us!
Pulling the foil off  - loved how they came out!





  Thanks Jesse for picking this yummy recipe and hosting this week!  If you want to check out the complete recipe, go check out Jesse's blog!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you liked them as much as I did! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures, seriously. Your bars look so good! I really wish I would have remembered to grease the foil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures look so great!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bars looked so yummy. I agree about the toffee bits needing their own layer. Nice.

    ReplyDelete