Saturday, March 24, 2012

Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers

I had a really rough "mom" day last week.  All I wanted was 10 minutes of quiet, alone time.  When my hubby came home I put myself in a time-out in my room.  Although it was anything but quiet in my house, I was alone.  I knew that if I didn't do something to keep myself busy, I would have fallen asleep immediately!  So I started flipping through recipe books, which is such a stress reliever for me.  This time proved to be productive, as I planned out dinner for the night.  I made these Chicken Fingers with the Seasoned Potato Bites and it was a huge hit with the whole family!  My 8 year old that hates chicken ate several pieces of this and my 6 year old had 4 servings of the potatoes.  My husband always loves anything like a chicken nugget (one of the things he really misses with the gluten allergy) and this was super easy to make gluten free!
Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers (Adapted From Our Best Bites)
1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
2 eggs
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs (you can make these from your bread, buy them at The Good Earth)
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp curry powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Chop coconut and mix with bread crumbs and spices.  Place in shallow dish.  Beat the egg and place in another shallow dish, and put the cornstarch in a 3rd dish.  Roll each piece of chicken in the cornstarch, then in the egg, then in the bread crumb mixture until coated.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with sprayed foil. Bake until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would love this chicken and the potatoes! I really love any kind of potato and anything breaded with coconut! I am going to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete