Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bake 52: Week 13

Not sure how to explain how excited I was when I saw that this week we would be making
CREME BRULLE!

Excited for a few reasons:
First of all, this is my husband's all-time favorite dessert.  Anytime there is a chance to go to a nice restaurant and order this, he takes full advantage.
Secondly, this is something I would never have thought I could actually make (again, this is for ordering at nice restaurants) so I was excited to try it!
Third, I love Creme Brulle!

It was honestly easier than I thought it would be, and my amazing fried, Talesha, let me borrow her kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar.  I know she's a true fried because she let me use it before she had even tried it! I am definitely ordering one of those for myself now!
 
  Each week I am more and more impressed by this cookbook.  It has "test kitchen" in the title, and these recipes truly are tested and perfected!
So my review of this is that it was absolutely delicious!
My husband's review?  He was expecting "homemade tasting Creme Brulle" but was pleasantly surprised at how good this was! He said it is as good as, if not better than, any he has ever eaten!
Yeah!! A success!  I felt so proud of myself all night and am so excited to be able to make this now!  
Visit Jen's blog to see the recipe!


4 comments:

  1. This one was easier than I was expecting too! And fun, did you start thinking of other foods to torch, also? It's addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I loved this one too. Torching is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your hubby liked it, I was thinking about you guys the other day when I was making it and excited that he actually gets to eat something we are baking. They look amazing, how could he not love them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it got your husband's stamp of approval! I too was so happy to see how easy it was to make-- I was expecting something so much more complicated!!

    ReplyDelete