Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bake 52: Week 2

 
For the second week of Bake 52, the recipe was Bran Muffins.  I have to admit, I wasn't super excited to make these.  Even though I'm trying to eat healthier, bran muffins just don't appeal to me much.  I made them and was surprised at how thick the batter was.  Following the recipe, I filled the muffin tins very full, and was a little worried they would bake over the edges, but they really didn't rise much, so that worked out good.  The muffins were a lot more moist than I anticipated.  The recipe called for raisins.  I'm not a raisin fan, but put them anyway.  I wish I would have replaced with chocolate chips or just omitted them altogether.  My kids were excited to try my new baking recipe, but none of them ate more than a bite of the muffins.  I will probably never do this recipe again, but it was fun to try them and be able to say that I've actually baked bran muffins now!  For the recipe, check out Valerie's Blog!


3 comments:

  1. I think it's so funny that we are all saying the same things: thick batter, surprisingly moist muffin! too funny. I guess there are only so many things to say about bran! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! I didn't know you were such a photographer. Thanks for the chocolate chip suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too thought this recipe was interesting. Fun to try something new though.

    ReplyDelete