Friday, January 20, 2012

Salsa

The first time I ever made homemade salsa was over Christmas break  - and this is my fourth batch since then! I can't get enough of this stuff!  I got the recipe from Deals to Meals, it's their copycat recipe for Chili's Salsa.  My husband and I never agree on the amount of spice - he likes it really spicy, I don't.  However, this salsa is the perfect in-between.  Spicy, but not too much. We both LOVE it!  I just keep trying to think of new things to eat salsa on!
It is super easy to make - you just throw everything in the blender and blend until your desired consistency (more or less chunky).


 Chili's Copycat Salsa Recipe
       (I always double this recipe)

2 cans whole tomatoes, drained
1small can jalapenos (not pickled)
   about 4-5 or less to decrease spiciness
1/4 cup yellow onion, cut into quarters
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. lime juice
* I like to add cilantro to it - just because I really like cilantro

Place all ingredients into blender or food processor until
smooth (or desired consistency).  Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment