Monday, January 2, 2012

Easy Lettuce Wraps



I love these easy lettuce wraps.  I like to make sticky rice and put in the lettuce first, it makes it more feeling and I like the texture it adds, but that step is optional.

Lettuce Wraps

1 Tbs. Oil
1 lb. chicken cut into pieces, ground beef, or ground turkey
1 can water chestnuts
1 can bamboo shoots
1 can mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
Cook your meat, onions, and garlic in the oil. While it's cooking drain and chop the water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms (I chop them very fine in a food processor). When the meat is done cooking add this mixture in and cook a few minutes more.
Then add:
2 Tbs. soy sauce
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
When mixture is hot, serve in large romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves and top with sweet chile sauce.

* I usually double this meat mixture and save half to make spring rolls the next night*

1 comment:

  1. These sound delicious! I am going to have to try them. I also want to try the pavlova, it sounds so good too!

    ReplyDelete