Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bake 52: Week 3

 This week's recipe...BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES!


As soon as I got this cookbook, I marked this page.  These cupcakes look so delicious.  And they were not disappointing.  Sometimes you just have to splurge and eat something that is horribly unhealthy...but well worth it!  The cupcakes themselves were moist and had THE BEST flavor (I'm sure the heavy whipping cream in the batter didn't hurt, right?).  The pastry cream was amazing.  The chocolate glaze was a little bitter, but combined with the custard and cupcake, the taste blended together and I loved it! (Though I would LOVE to try it with milk chocolate...) YUM! My kids loved these too.  They were a little on the rich side, so my 4 and 6 year olds couldn't quite finish theirs, but my 8 year old ate 1 1/2 of them.  I would definitely love to make these again - when I can share with friends so I don't eat the whole batch!!
                                                       Check out Amanda's blog for the recipe!

3 comments:

  1. Yum!! Yours look great! I want to try it next time with sweeter chocolate, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the sweeter chocolate. But my kids and I both LOVED them. That pastry cream was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was going to be the only one who felt that way about the chocolate, I felt bad even saying anything. Glad to know I wasn't the only one. I am loving your pictures! You need to come take mine!!

    ReplyDelete